The Time Traveler's Wife

Well Neil predicted that once I'd finished this book, I'd be blogging about it within minutes. And I'm pleased to say that he's both right and wrong...

Within minutes yes. But within 4320 minutes (Sat morning for those who can't do the maths).

Simply put, I'm still far too intensely involved in the story, the characters, the possibilities, the narrative that I don't rightly know what to type. Maybe more soon.

In the meantime, anyone else got any starters for ten about it? Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I read it on Sunday. According to the cover it's 'an elegy to love and loss'. There's something there. Claire's fears for Henry when he's away from her - it resonated with me because I worry about Matt, my paramedic husband, getting attacked when he's working. And the imperfections in their relationship - the results of having a slightly complicated life, with the difficulties of future knowledge, secrets, waiting, disappointment... I was also amazed at how well it was written. Writing about time travel is very difficult - there are so many logical problems to address. It was as unconfusing as I imagine it was possible to be. And I cried. Why can't we live happily ever after?