5 years – 5 pieces of music

I’m not gonna get this right! Dj Fat Roland Dj’s in the Sanctus1 services so this is my take on the music in Sanctus1:

Aphex Twin – We are the music makers. This was the piece of music that we started our first Sanctus1 service started with. ‘We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams…’

Groove Armada – Dusk you and me. If Eyan’s not around and I want a faily chilled track to start a midweek group this is the one that I usually go for.

Spiritualized – The trouble with the straight and the narrow. I spend a lot of time with Sanctus1 people pastorally, and I think that it would be fair to say that some of us struggle with straight and narrow forms of Christianity!

U2 – Grace. We were at Oxford Diocesan conference about 4 years ago and we were leading some worship. One of the stations used this track and some images of people that society finds hard to forgive. I must have heard the track about 20 times over those two days…it did my head in!!

The Smiths – There is a light that never goes out. Stunning song, great Manchester band and fortunately sanctus1 is focused on the light that never goes out.

No comments: