5 Thank-You's

My first thank-you is to an organisation called the Church Army. Terrible name, terrible uniforms but doing some fantastically innovative work in mission and evangelism across the world. I am a Church Army officer and for the first 5 years of my job here i was employed by them. They have supported us fantastically over the years.

Secondly, Manchester Diocese, they have given us the freedom to experiment. I have felt nothing but support from the Bishop's and senior staff - so thank you!

Thirdly, John and Olive Drane. About six years ago i was at a conference with John and Olive about the theology of evangelism, i chatted with Olive about the possibility of this job in Manchester city centre and enquired whether her son (Mark) and daughter-in-law (Laura) were still living there. Her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree, yes they were and they'd not found a church...We stayed with Mark and Laura when we were house hunting and the conversations started there. Since that time Olive and John, have told the story, encouraged, offered support and helped us along the way. I often get emails from people that start 'John/Olive Drane was telling me about Sanctus1 and...' Thank -you, John and Olive - our Godparents.

Fourthly, Sanctus1, the people who make the community both now and in the past. The people that I laugh with, worship with, cry with, Without you sanctus1 would not be what it is.

Finally, to Ruth, my wife. She put's up with all the crap, when I'm worried about Sanctus she gets the sharp end, she's full of ideas, thoughts and suggestions...and also has her own job!

No comments: