save me

I've accidentally overwritten my rather cool "save me"/ floating crosses screensaver by mistake (it came from a website of a church in Devon a couple of years back?). I was fiddling round on the BBC's The Street website at the time, trying to see if their screensaver had the brilliant cut-out, overlay animated titles... Compelling episode again last night - Timothy Spall's cabbie befriending an African asylum seeker. Sad, terrifying, frustrating, hopeful...

Anyhoo... any recommendations on where to get a good new one?

I tried Googling emerging church screensaver and got TSK and Mark Berry amonsgt other things...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Floating crosses???

Umm....

Anonymous said...

It should still be there. Right click on your desktop then choose properties and then screen in the window that appears. There should be a drop down thingy that lets set the screen saver.

LauraHD said...

Ah, if only wodge... It seems to have replaced the download file option with The Street's one and hence wiped it.

LauraHD said...

Oo oo oo! Found it!!

Searched Jonny's blog as that's where I thought I'd found it before...

http://www.stkea.co.uk/st_kea.html

Bummer though - the site is basically closed now so I can't seem to download it... Oh well.

Any more suggestions as to what I should have instead?

Anonymous said...

Click on 'the gift' and there's a link to a screensaver in the first panel - is that the one you mean?

Anonymous said...

Please tell me that this is a spoof.

Please.

LauraHD said...

Nope!

It's kosher... Check out the link that I searched for on Jonny's blog which was how I relocated it:

http://jonnybaker.blogs.com/jonnybaker/2004/06/st_kea_rebrandi.html

Fat Roland said...

"Wodge"?!?!?

Anonymous said...

It represents everything I fear Sanctus might become.

Wonderful presentation.
Great use of the medium.
Very slick.

But...

Where's the Gospel message?
Where is God's love & compassion?
What is it saying about redemption?
"God Bless You" tissues?
Buy these candles and your life will be more sacred?
Please.

LauraHD said...

Well, I think that if you look at the site that the parish church has now, you'll maybe see that the creative agency presentation of the message didn't stand the test of time...

http://www.stkea.org/