72 hours or more...

This is all loosely based on my last 72 hours… All or some of which deserve a blog piece of their own but I wanted to note them here for now anyway.

1 – Gardening, it’s great. I NEVER thought I’d type those words. But it’s whole new experience – putting plants in pots on our tiny 3m x 3m terrace – looking out the window the whole time at them, willing them to grow, checking their ok, and so on. Amazing.

2 – i-Pods. Specifically the 30G i-Pod Photo that arrived this week for me and mine to play with. Yum. Listening to U2 last night in the kitchen for the first time, I burnt the dinner. That’s how wow.

3 – For those who have asked… no, my walk to work is no more spiritually loaded now than when I wrote that piece. I thought that writing it would make me look more for stuff and thus it would become meaningful (good link with Ecclesiastes that we were looking at last night). I can see the superficial stuff but it doesn’t catch me the same way – a bar called The Font, a piece of graffiti that reads “Respect as a religion”. But for now, it’s just not clicking...

4 – Three brilliant films. Etre et Avoir – can’t really just be about kids going to school in rural France, right? American Beauty - all those reds in every scene, and Kevin Spacey. Billy Elliot – grabs me, gets me hooked, and makes me weep every time.

5 – The resurrection. My response? Incredulity.

6 - Martha Wainwright. Just great.

So that’s my tiny update. But right now, it’s back to work… (sigh)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to send me a picture of the "RESPECT AS A RELIGION" graffiti?
I'm actually a visual Artist from Belgium who made a poster in 2001 with this text on it and since than it is starting to lead it's own live. Or could you send me the address of the pub 'the front'. I would be most grateful.

Kind regards,

Sofie Haesaerts
respect_as_a_religion@hotmail.com

You can see the original poster on the CD cover -
http://www.bethcuster.com/st-respect.html