Lazy? Efficient? Or something altogether more sinister?

I've noticed a strange tendency among sanctus people that I haven't noticed anywhere else: to sign emails and text messages with just a lower-case initial rather than their whole name. Now, txt msgs, where space is everything, I can understand, but emails? Really Eyan, how much time do those extra three letters take?

So I wondered whether this could be some weird move towards a society where everyone fits into one of 26 categories, each marked by a letter of the alphabet. In some weird way, Ruthie and Richard would be THE SAME!!!

Or is there a nore ordinary explanation that has somehow passed me by?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry. I should get more sleep before using the internet.

Anonymous said...

thanks e,

i think it may be partly my fault actually! I've been signing e-mails like that for about 5 years and transferred it across to my texting.

sorry to you both,

s.

Sarah said...

Yes, now I think about it, you were the culprit who sparked the original thought in my mind.

I forgive you.

Anonymous said...

s.,

i think it's just a phase. surely it can't catch on!

m.

Fat Roland said...

phrrt
e