Lent: Detox for Life

Today is the start of lent, a penitential season before Easter. I've been thinking about how to make my lenten experience a holistic one; a balance of discipline to the mind, body and spirit. So this year I'm not gonna give up anything for lent, but I am going to try to be more disciplined in all that I do. I'll try to be more disciplined in my eating and drinking, I'll try to be disciplined between my family and work life, I'll try to read more, I'll try to pray more.

I know I'm setting myself up for a fall by blogging about this, but perhaps that will help me. So let me also encourage you to think about lent in a holistic way...don't just give up chocolate, and end up eating loads of fruit pastels and wine gums, don't give up beer and hence take up wine! view the whole of lent in a holistic way and value the process of detox.

Christianity is a faith of feasting and fasting, in the west we seem to be very good at the feasting but very poor at the fasting.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Try eating 9 portions of fruit and veg a day - apparently the recommended amount!